Ukraine: Joseph Daul condemns second wave of political repressions in the Ukraine and demands immediate access to Tymoshenko / 25-04-2012
Following the reported beating of the former Prime Minister of the Ukraine, Yulia Tymoshenko, and her hunger strike, Joseph Daul, Chairman of the EPP Group, said: "In the name of the EPP Group in the European Parliament, I condemn the escalation of political repression in the Ukraine. This is simply unacceptable." At the same time, Joseph Daul called upon Tymoshenko to end her hunger strike: "Yulia, we will find another way to help you!"
"The EPP Group expresses full solidarity with Yulia Tymoshenko as this most recent example shows the cruelty in the treatment of Tymoshenko and other political prisoners by the Ukrainian authorities to be utterly inhumane. We want an immediate reaction to this second wave of political repression."
Joseph Daul also proposed some concrete steps to be taken: "I urge the Ukrainian authorities to grant immediate access by the EU Ambassador in the Ukraine to the former Prime Minister. I also appeal to the President of the European Parliament, Martin Schulz, to dispatch a delegation of MEPs to the Ukraine and meet Tymoshenko as soon as possible", concluded the Chairman of the largest Group in the European Parliament.
- 23-05-2013 15:07 Bulgaria: double standards of the European Socialists. Joseph Daul MEP, Chairman of the EPP Group
- 23-05-2013 11:45 EU Council: we cannot waste any time in fighting tax fraud. Joseph Daul, Chairman of the EPP Group
- 21-05-2013 12:31 EU leaders must address growing euroscepticism caused by crisis
- 08-05-2013 11:23 EU Budget 2013: EU crucial policies are in danger without draft amending budget
- 25-04-2013 14:48 Parliament not responsible for postponing MFF negotiations
- 04-07-2010 13:07 Public presentation of the priorities of the Belgian EU Presidency on Monday
- 02-02-2009 16:09 А new informative and training platform is now active on http://parliament.europe.bg