Reform Commission will focus on growth and jobs / 10-09-2014
“The new European Commission is clearly oriented towards reforms, jobs and growth. Its structure and organisation will be more political and more efficient to meet the challenges ahead and to deliver. This is a good proposal by Commission President-elect Jean-Claude Juncker”, said Manfred Weber MEP, Chairman of the EPP Group in the European Parliament.
“With this high-level team, Europe will be in good hands. The new Commissioners are experienced politicians, not bureaucrats. We are glad that with 14 Commissioners with important portfolios, the EPP political family is at the core of the European Commission’s agenda of reforms towards growth and jobs. The European Commission will focus on what is most important and reduce bureaucracy and red tape. This is what our voters expect from us."
“I would like to particularly congratulate our colleagues from the EPP Group, MEPs Marianne Thyssen, Valdis Dombrovskis, Miguel Arias Cañete and Christos Stylianides, on their nominations with such crucial portfolios”, Weber continued.
“The EPP Group will play its role in the upcoming hearings and we will examine the competence of the Commissioners-designate very thoroughly. We will do everything to avoid any delay in the entry-into-function of the new Commission. The European Institutions need to get back to work and start delivering", the Chairman concluded.
- 17-09-2014 14:29 Youth Employment: building an entrepreneurial culture is key
- 16-09-2014 15:16 EU Budget 2015: EPP Group urges the Council to reverse its position
- 16-09-2014 14:28 EU-Russia relations: we stand ready for further sanctions
- 16-09-2014 14:26 The Association Agreement is a success for both Ukraine and the EU
- 16-09-2014 13:05 Commissioner-designate, Miguel Arias Cañete MEP, confirmed the divestment of shares in energy companies
- TRUE GUIDE TO THE TREATY OF LISBON BY ANDREW DUFF MEP
- 07-09-2010 12:52 Letter by President Barroso to the Members of the European Parliament
- 18-06-2010 15:22 US Ambassador on the Bulgarian media
- 10-06-2010 10:12 Future of the EU Single Market
- 02-05-2010 16:32 Europe 2020 – European Citizens and the EU institutions