Annan plan has been killed- 477 times and counting / 25-04-2012
Commenting after the meeting between the UN special envoy, Kofi Annan and the UN Security Council last night, Guy Verhofstadt asks "Has the Annan plan worked? Ask the families of the 477 souls lost since the April 12th ceasefire . The Annan plan has been killed - 477 times and counting".
He continued "Sending observers to Syria has revealed what we already know that Bashar al Assad's forces are still killing people, ignoring all promises and continuing to commit crimes against humanity . The European Union through its representatives in the UN Security Council, France, United Kingdom and Germany should act. Recently introduced sanctions on luxury goods - may stop Mrs Assad from buying expensive jewellery and fondue sets online but will not stop her husband brutally murdering the Syrian people. By acting I mean the creation of safe zones, humanitarian corridors and support for the Syrian opposition, with the Security Council if we can, without the Security Council if necessary."
- 23-05-2013 15:07 Bulgaria: double standards of the European Socialists. Joseph Daul MEP, Chairman of the EPP Group
- 23-05-2013 11:45 EU Council: we cannot waste any time in fighting tax fraud. Joseph Daul, Chairman of the EPP Group
- 21-05-2013 12:31 EU leaders must address growing euroscepticism caused by crisis
- 08-05-2013 11:23 EU Budget 2013: EU crucial policies are in danger without draft amending budget
- 25-04-2013 14:48 Parliament not responsible for postponing MFF negotiations
- 04-07-2010 13:07 Public presentation of the priorities of the Belgian EU Presidency on Monday
- 02-02-2009 16:09 А new informative and training platform is now active on http://parliament.europe.bg