EPP Group Chairman expresses "profound joy" over Pope Francis' visit to European Parliament / 11-09-2014
"On behalf of the EPP Group in the European Parliament, I would like to express my profound joy over the announcement of Pope Francis’ visit to the European Parliament (EP), and to thank His Holiness for accepting our invitation", the Chairman of the EPP Group in the EP, Manfred Weber, said today.
"With this visit to the representatives of 500 million European citizens, His Holiness Pope Francis is sending a strong pro-European signal, reminding everyone of the Christian roots of our continent.
I am looking forward to welcoming His Holiness to the European Parliament”, he said.
The official visit will take place on 25 November 2014 in Strasbourg. On this occasion, the Pope will address MEPs during a formal session.
- 17-09-2014 14:29 Youth Employment: building an entrepreneurial culture is key
- 16-09-2014 15:16 EU Budget 2015: EPP Group urges the Council to reverse its position
- 16-09-2014 14:28 EU-Russia relations: we stand ready for further sanctions
- 16-09-2014 14:26 The Association Agreement is a success for both Ukraine and the EU
- 16-09-2014 13:05 Commissioner-designate, Miguel Arias Cañete MEP, confirmed the divestment of shares in energy companies
- TRUE GUIDE TO THE TREATY OF LISBON BY ANDREW DUFF MEP
- 07-09-2010 12:52 Letter by President Barroso to the Members of the European Parliament
- 18-06-2010 15:22 US Ambassador on the Bulgarian media
- 10-06-2010 10:12 Future of the EU Single Market
- 02-05-2010 16:32 Europe 2020 – European Citizens and the EU institutions