Hungary: rule of law must prevail. Joseph Daul MEP, Chairman of the EPP Group / 07-03-2012
Commenting on the European Commission's announcement to pursue investigations on the issues related to the retirement age of judges and data protection in Hungary, Joseph Daul, Chairman of the EPP Group, said:
"The European Union is based on democracy, rule of law and fundamental values. Each Member State of the European Union must comply with these rules, with no exception. The EPP Group fully endorses today's assessment from the Commission and calls on Hungary to meet its commitments to remove all questions relating to EU laws and norms."
"The clearest way to show what the rule of law means to us in everyday life is to recall what happens when there is no rule of law. I ask Prime Minister Orbán to make sure that anything that is not in accordance with EU common standards be corrected as he himself promised in the European Parliament."
- 23-05-2013 15:07 Bulgaria: double standards of the European Socialists. Joseph Daul MEP, Chairman of the EPP Group
- 23-05-2013 11:45 EU Council: we cannot waste any time in fighting tax fraud. Joseph Daul, Chairman of the EPP Group
- 21-05-2013 12:31 EU leaders must address growing euroscepticism caused by crisis
- 08-05-2013 11:23 EU Budget 2013: EU crucial policies are in danger without draft amending budget
- 25-04-2013 14:48 Parliament not responsible for postponing MFF negotiations
- 04-07-2010 13:07 Public presentation of the priorities of the Belgian EU Presidency on Monday
- 02-02-2009 16:09 А new informative and training platform is now active on http://parliament.europe.bg