Budgets Committee gives green light to new financial instrument for infrastructure projects / 26-04-2012
Members of the European Parliament's Budgets Committee today approved the launch of the pilot phase of project bonds, designed for investment projects.
Based on a credit-enhancement mechanism, this instrument aims at leveraging the European budget in the fields of transport, energy and telecommunications, by reinforcing the private sector's participation.
"Investing in major European networks is the key to growth, being a necessary counterpart to any budgetary discipline", said Dominique Riquet MEP, EPP Group Rapporteur on this dossier.
The issue of 'Eurobonds', which had been put forward by the S&D Rapporteur, was postponed until a later date. "Here, we are dealing with a politically-sensitive issue, which deserves a proper debate in the European Parliament", said Dominique Riquet. "Meanwhile, project bonds do contribute to the drafting of a real industrial policy on a European scale.
- 08-05-2013 11:23 EU Budget 2013: EU crucial policies are in danger without draft amending budget
- 25-04-2013 14:48 Parliament not responsible for postponing MFF negotiations
- 23-04-2013 15:51 EU seals historic deal in Western Balkans
- 23-04-2013 15:34 Barroso must force OLAF boss Kessler to resign. Inge Gräßle MEP
- 17-04-2013 15:26 MEPs adopt improved international child support enforcement
- 04-07-2010 13:07 Public presentation of the priorities of the Belgian EU Presidency on Monday
- 02-02-2009 16:09 А new informative and training platform is now active on http://parliament.europe.bg