Commissioner-designate, Miguel Arias Cañete MEP, confirmed the divestment of shares in energy companies / 16-09-2014
The Commissioner-designate, Miguel Arias Cañete, confirmed today that as soon as President Jean-Claude Juncker announced his designation as Commissioner-designate responsible for Climate Action and Energy, he gave instructions to sell all of the shares he owned in energy companies, including those in the two companies whose major activity is linked to fuel storage, notably "Petrolífera Ducar" and "Petrologis Canarias". This selling operation will be completed by Thursday 18 September.
"In view of recent reports about my personal shareholdings I would like to clarify the following: I gave instructions to divest my shares in the energy sector the moment I was nominated Commissioner-designate for Climate Action and Energy to avoid even the slightest notion of potential conflict of interest", Cañete said.
- 17-09-2014 14:29 Youth Employment: building an entrepreneurial culture is key
- 16-09-2014 15:16 EU Budget 2015: EPP Group urges the Council to reverse its position
- 16-09-2014 14:28 EU-Russia relations: we stand ready for further sanctions
- 16-09-2014 14:26 The Association Agreement is a success for both Ukraine and the EU
- 16-09-2014 13:05 Commissioner-designate, Miguel Arias Cañete MEP, confirmed the divestment of shares in energy companies
- TRUE GUIDE TO THE TREATY OF LISBON BY ANDREW DUFF MEP
- 07-09-2010 12:52 Letter by President Barroso to the Members of the European Parliament
- 18-06-2010 15:22 US Ambassador on the Bulgarian media
- 10-06-2010 10:12 Future of the EU Single Market
- 02-05-2010 16:32 Europe 2020 – European Citizens and the EU institutions