Video recording – “Europe’s role in the world by 2020 – the civic vision” – a voxbox discussion / 26-04-2010
Which voice for Europe when speaking with Russia?
- Welcome address by Jerzy Buzek - EP President
- The EU foreign policy in a 10-year perspective
- Presentation of the book "Europe 2020 - Civic Vision"
- Essays - "Europe Scholarship"
- Which voice for Europe when speaking with Russia?
- Europe and its common history
- Questions and answers
- Conclusions - Europe's future
- Closing of the discussion
Among the key topics were questions, such as what is the vision of the European citizens about the Union in 10 years and how it relates to the agenda of the political representatives, in particular on Europe’s role in the world, the foreign policy, the relations with Russia and the energy policy. How to address the citizens’ concerns – about energy supplies, the EU-Russia relations, the enlargement… Our guests were invited to comment on the messages of the recent developments of the EU-Russia relations (Russia-Poland, Russia-the Ukraine, US-EU Summit in Prague), as well as on the Eastern Partnership, the S&D “Enlargement 2014” initiative, the expectations on the advancement of the EU-Turkey negotiations by 2020.
- 08-05-2013 11:23 EU Budget 2013: EU crucial policies are in danger without draft amending budget
- 25-04-2013 14:48 Parliament not responsible for postponing MFF negotiations
- 23-04-2013 15:51 EU seals historic deal in Western Balkans
- 23-04-2013 15:34 Barroso must force OLAF boss Kessler to resign. Inge Gräßle MEP
- 17-04-2013 15:26 MEPs adopt improved international child support enforcement
- 04-07-2010 13:07 Public presentation of the priorities of the Belgian EU Presidency on Monday
- 02-02-2009 16:09 А new informative and training platform is now active on http://parliament.europe.bg