Audio recording - voxbox debate in Brussels on Europe's role as a global player by 2020 / 26-04-2010
A VoxBox discussion at the European Parliament in Brussels, broadcast live on the internet on Europe Gateway www.europe.bg on April 14, 2010.
A discussion about the role of Europe as a global player in the long-term perspective was organized on April 14, 2010, at the voxbox studio in the European Parliament’s studio in Brussels. The debate was streamed live on the internet through Europe Gateway.
Short description: A presentation of the book “Europe 2020 – Civic Vision”, followed by a discussion about the future of Europe on the international scene, its relations with Russia and the energy policy, with the participation of young European citizens, Members of the European Parliament, of the Committee of the Regions, and representatives of civil-society organizations, as well as young citizens from Bulgaria.
Among the participants were MEP Kristian Vigenin – Chairman of the EP Delegation to the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly (i.e. the Eastern Partnership: the Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia), coordinator of the S&D Group in the Committee on foreign Affairs in the EP, Member of the Delegation to the EU-Ukraine Parliamentary Cooperation Committee, as well as CoR Member Vladimir Kissiov – Member of the Bureau of the EPP group in the Committee of the Regions, former Deputy foreign minister and chief negotiator of Bulgaria with the EU, at present also Municipal Councilor of Sofia Municipality.
The book “Europe 2020 – Civic Vision” was presented by Tihomira Trifonova – expert and analyst at the Bulgarian civil-society organization Center for Policy Modernization, editor of the book.
The voxbox debate was moderated by Ognian Boyadjiev, editor in chief of Europe Gateway www.europe.bg – a 4-language online media, based in Sofia, covering the European policies and Bulgaria’s participation into them.
Students in political and European sciences from Bulgaria, part of a visitors group to the EP, who are in Brussels at the invitation of Kristian Vigenin MEP, after having competed for the annual “Europe Scholarship”, granted by Vigenin MEP through a national essay competition, were among the audience, located in the special audience area, with a separate microphone available for them to ask questions and express opinions.
- 21-05-2013 12:31 EU leaders must address growing euroscepticism caused by crisis
- 08-05-2013 11:23 EU Budget 2013: EU crucial policies are in danger without draft amending budget
- 25-04-2013 14:48 Parliament not responsible for postponing MFF negotiations
- 23-04-2013 15:51 EU seals historic deal in Western Balkans
- 23-04-2013 15:34 Barroso must force OLAF boss Kessler to resign. Inge Gräßle MEP
- 04-07-2010 13:07 Public presentation of the priorities of the Belgian EU Presidency on Monday
- 02-02-2009 16:09 А new informative and training platform is now active on http://parliament.europe.bg