Lisbon Treaty: EPP-ED welcomes the Czech Senate's decision on Lisbon Treaty / 07-05-2009
Joseph Daul, the Chairman of the largest group of the European Parliament, the EPP-ED Group, welcomed the decision of the Czech Senate to ratify the Lisbon Treaty. "The ratification process of the Lisbon Treaty continues and I am happy that the Treaty was approved by the directly elected representatives in the Czech Parliament", said Joseph Daul MEP.
The upper house of the Czech Parliament, the Senate, today approved the Lisbon Treaty. Following the approval by both Chambers of the Czech Parliament, it is now for to the President Václav Klaus to complete the ratification process.
"I would also like to thank the outgoing Prime Minister Mirek Topolánek and his coalition government for their commitment to Europe. Europe needs a strong leadership. We expect the new Government of Jan Fischer to fully assume all its duties as Head of Council of the European Union", said Joseph Daul.
- 14-06-2013 16:44 THE EPP GROUP INVITES THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION TO CLOSELY FOLLOW THE RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN BULGARIA
- 13-06-2013 14:50 ALDE denounces penny-pinching attitude of Council to Croatian accession
- 12-06-2013 14:31 Asylum package: A step towards increased solidarity and responsibility
- 12-06-2013 14:29 Schengen: an historic step towards freedom of movement in Europe
- 12-06-2013 13:19 Prism: US data mining programme must be challenged by the EU
- 04-07-2010 13:07 Public presentation of the priorities of the Belgian EU Presidency on Monday
- 02-02-2009 16:09 А new informative and training platform is now active on http://parliament.europe.bg