Call for proposals IX-2010/02 — Grants to political foundations at European level / 08-06-2009
Article 191 of the Treaty establishing the European Community says that the political parties at European level are an important factor for integration within the Union. They contribute to forming a European awareness and expressing the political will of the citizens of the Union. In this context, Regulation (EC) No 2004/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 4 November 2003 lays down the regulations governing political parties at European level and the rules regarding their funding. The revision of the Regulation recognised the role of political foundations at European level, which, as organisations affiliated to political parties at European level, ‘may through their activities support and underpin the objectives of the latter notably in terms of contributing to the debate on European public policy issues and on European integration, including by acting as catalysts for new ideas, analysis and policy options’.
The Regulation provides, in particular, for an annual operating grant from the European Parliament, to political foundations which apply and which satisfy the conditions laid down in the Regulation.
Under Article 2 of the Decision of the Bureau of the European Parliament of 29 March 2004 laying down the procedures for implementing Regulation (EC) No 2004/2003, ‘The European Parliament shall publish each year, before the end of the first half of the year, a call for proposals with a view to the awarding of grants to fund parties and foundations’. This call for proposals relates to
grant applications for the financial year 2010 covering the period of activity from 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2010.
The closing date for forwarding the applications is 1 November 2009. Applications forwarded after that date will not be considered.
- 08-05-2013 11:23 EU Budget 2013: EU crucial policies are in danger without draft amending budget
- 25-04-2013 14:48 Parliament not responsible for postponing MFF negotiations
- 23-04-2013 15:51 EU seals historic deal in Western Balkans
- 23-04-2013 15:34 Barroso must force OLAF boss Kessler to resign. Inge Gräßle MEP
- 17-04-2013 15:26 MEPs adopt improved international child support enforcement
- 04-07-2010 13:07 Public presentation of the priorities of the Belgian EU Presidency on Monday
- 02-02-2009 16:09 А new informative and training platform is now active on http://parliament.europe.bg