Public presentation in Brussels of the book "Europe 2020 - Civic Vision" / 01-05-2010
A public presentation of the book "Europe 2020 - Civic Vision" was organized in Brussels on 13 April, 2010, in partnership with the Bulgarian MEPs Mariya Nedelcheva and Vladimir Urutchev.
Special guest was French MEP Pascale Gruny.
The book's presentation was followed by a discussion with the participation of young Bulgarian citizens, who were in the audience, and were on a visit to Brussels at the invitation of MEPs Nedelcheva and Urutchev.
The event started by a special video address, made exclusively for the book presentation, by European Parliament President H.E. Jerzy Buzek.
The book itself, which is composed within the EP-funded campaign "Interacting with the European Parliament", was presented by European Institute Foundation director Lubov Panayotova. She explained that it summarizes the conclusions of the two-year long communication campaign "Interacting with the EP", and that it follows a big international brainstorm-conference on Europe's future, held in Sofia in January 2010.
The event was organized by the European Institute Foundation, the center for Policy Modernization and Europe Gateway, within the project "Interacting with the European Parliament", implemented by those Bulgarian NGOs with the financial support of EP's DG "Communication".
Bulgarian MEP Mariya Nedelcheva, who was co-organizer of the public presentation, stressed on the importance of the civic participation in the policy-making and drafting of the strategy for the EU's development in the future.
French MEP Pascale Gruny was special guest to the event. In her statement, she stressed on the vital necessity for more dialogue between the citizens and the elected representatives.
Bulgarian MEP Vladimir Urutchev made the final conclusion of the discussion, pointing out the key factors for the energy issues of the European Union.
- 21-05-2013 12:31 EU leaders must address growing euroscepticism caused by crisis
- 08-05-2013 11:23 EU Budget 2013: EU crucial policies are in danger without draft amending budget
- 25-04-2013 14:48 Parliament not responsible for postponing MFF negotiations
- 23-04-2013 15:51 EU seals historic deal in Western Balkans
- 23-04-2013 15:34 Barroso must force OLAF boss Kessler to resign. Inge Gräßle MEP
- 04-07-2010 13:07 Public presentation of the priorities of the Belgian EU Presidency on Monday
- 02-02-2009 16:09 А new informative and training platform is now active on http://parliament.europe.bg