eYouGuide - EU to help protect internet users / 05-05-2009
Zuzana Roithová MEP, together with the Commissioners Reding and Kuneva, today launched the internet website eYouGuide which aims to inform internet users about their rights on the internet. Czech MEP Zuzana Roithová welcomes the step taken by
the Commission as it will increase the confidence of internet users in eCommerce. The step is one of the 60 proposals of a European Parliament Resolution adopted in 2007 of which Zuzana Roithová MEP was the Rapporteur.
The website is being launched temporarily in 4 languages with translation in other languages to follow. "Internet users are not always aware of their rights in the digital world, or what is allowed and what is not. Sometimes they come across a website which provides them a service under illegal conditions. The increase in confidence of internet users in digital services will increase eCommerce business. So far, only 6% of consumers within the EU make cross-border purchases", said Zuzana Roithová MEP.
"I am also happy that the Commission followed my recommendations and is also focusing on the protection of children on the internet. There are various forms of abuse and it is our duty to protect our children from the potential wrong use of the
internet. In my experience in the Czech Republic, lots of parents want to know about potential dangers for their children", said Zuzana Roithová MEP.
- 08-05-2013 11:23 EU Budget 2013: EU crucial policies are in danger without draft amending budget
- 25-04-2013 14:48 Parliament not responsible for postponing MFF negotiations
- 23-04-2013 15:51 EU seals historic deal in Western Balkans
- 23-04-2013 15:34 Barroso must force OLAF boss Kessler to resign. Inge Gräßle MEP
- 17-04-2013 15:26 MEPs adopt improved international child support enforcement
- 04-07-2010 13:07 Public presentation of the priorities of the Belgian EU Presidency on Monday
- 02-02-2009 16:09 А new informative and training platform is now active on http://parliament.europe.bg