PVV Website: EP Resolution a message that Dutch PM should not ignore. Joseph Daul MEP, Chairman of the EPP Group / 15-03-2012
The Chairman of the EPP Group, Joseph Daul, has welcomed the vote on the Resolution on Discriminatory Websites and calls on the Dutch Prime Minister to fully take into account its recommendations:
"The EPP Group took the lead and pushed for a debate and a Resolution on a subject that is of our utmost concern: the discrimination of European citizens. I am happy that an overwhelming majority voted in favour of a Resolution that strongly condemns the website launched by the PVV, as it goes against the fundamental European values of human dignity, freedom, equality, the rule of law and respect for human rights."
"We expect a more European attitude from the Dutch Government. I call again on Prime Minister Mark Rutte to condemn and distance himself from this deplorable initiative."
"At the same time, as mentioned in the Resolution, the Commission and the Council have to do their utmost to stop the spread of xenophobic attitudes such as those expressed on this website and to ensure the effective implementation of the Framework Decision on Racism and Xenophobia in all Member States."
- 08-05-2013 11:23 EU Budget 2013: EU crucial policies are in danger without draft amending budget
- 25-04-2013 14:48 Parliament not responsible for postponing MFF negotiations
- 23-04-2013 15:51 EU seals historic deal in Western Balkans
- 23-04-2013 15:34 Barroso must force OLAF boss Kessler to resign. Inge Gräßle MEP
- 17-04-2013 15:26 MEPs adopt improved international child support enforcement
- 04-07-2010 13:07 Public presentation of the priorities of the Belgian EU Presidency on Monday
- 02-02-2009 16:09 А new informative and training platform is now active on http://parliament.europe.bg