Greece: I congratulate Antonis Samaras and support him in forming a new government. Joseph Daul MEP, Chairman of the EPP Group / 07-05-2012
Joseph Daul, Chairman of the EPP Group, welcomed the decision of the Greek people to entrust Nea Demokratia with the most votes in yesterday's elections.
The Chairman of the EPP Group said: "Greece is an indispensable and undeniable part of Europe. We recognise there will be difficulties in creating a new government in Greece, according to election results so far. However we wish the Chairman of Nea Demokratia Antonis Samaras success in the difficult negotiations to form a coalition government and we support all of his efforts towards guaranteeing the European course of the country and bringing it back on the path of economic recovery and growth."
- 21-05-2013 12:31 EU leaders must address growing euroscepticism caused by crisis
- 08-05-2013 11:23 EU Budget 2013: EU crucial policies are in danger without draft amending budget
- 25-04-2013 14:48 Parliament not responsible for postponing MFF negotiations
- 23-04-2013 15:51 EU seals historic deal in Western Balkans
- 23-04-2013 15:34 Barroso must force OLAF boss Kessler to resign. Inge Gräßle MEP
- 04-07-2010 13:07 Public presentation of the priorities of the Belgian EU Presidency on Monday
- 02-02-2009 16:09 А new informative and training platform is now active on http://parliament.europe.bg