European Council: we can win together or fall apart separately / 13-06-2012
The Chairman of the EPP Group, Joseph Daul MEP, has called on the European Council to preserve the Community method. During the debate on the upcoming European Summit on 28-29 June 2012, the Chairman of the largest and most influential Group in the European Parliament stressed the obligation to move from bold decisions to strong actions.
"On 28 and 29 June, over and above those crucial questions of economic governance, the credibility of the Euro, financial perspectives and own resources, my Group asks the Member States to make a choice. A major choice, which will determine everything. And that choice is: do you want to ensure a future for Europeans and dedicate yourselves to what is essential, namely strong political integration via the Community method?", said Joseph Daul.
Joseph Daul pleaded for a more united Europe: "The reality is that no European country can cope on its own with global challenges, whether they are economic, social, demographic, military or political. The reality is also that, if, over the last sixty years, we have achieved peace and prosperity, it was thanks to one method: the Community method. I believe profoundly in this method. Just as I am convinced that Europe is the solution, not the problem."
"It is time that the European Council cuts to the heart of the matter, instead of making do with rescue measures and resources that are immediately surpassed by events. We must take the bull by the horns and decide, once and for all, what kind of European Union, what social model we want. We must confront reality and stop deluding ourselves", Joseph Daul concluded.
- 12-06-2013 14:31 Malgré ses imperfections, le paquet Asile constitue une étape vers davantage de solidarité et de responsabilité
- 12-06-2013 13:19 Prism : le programme américain d'exploration de données doit être dénoncé par l'UE
- 11-06-2013 15:16 Des règles plus strictes et plus simples pour les aliments destinés aux consommateurs vulnérables
- 06-06-2013 11:42 Cadre financier pluriannuel: l'ADLE met en garde le Conseil contre tout déni de démocratie
- 05-06-2013 11:01 Les Turcs ont le droit de manifester pacifiquement