Two pack: Parliament gives formal backing to European Redemption Fund / 13-06-2012
During today's plenary session the European Parliament approved its first reading on two Regulations presented by the Commission last November to enhance the coordination and surveillance of budgetary surveillance for all euro-area Member States - also known as the 'two-pack".
"We have succeeded in formally putting on the negotiating table a systemic and structural answer to the crisis representing a real firewall to protect the eurozone.", said ALDE Group President Guy Verhofstadt welcoming the adoption of an amendment for the establishment of a European redemption fund (ERF), originally proposed by ALDE.
Ramon Tremosa i Balcells (CiU, Catalonia, Spain) ALDE spokesperson on the effectiveness of the excessive deficit procedure, said: "Now, Member States will be obliged to make cost-benefit analysis on all investments and reforms. The time of building needless airports and high-speed trains to nowhere is over in Europe".
Carl Haglund (Svenska Folkpartiet, Finland) ALDE spokesperson on enhanced surveillance for Member States in difficulties: "We finally complemented the new macroeconomic surveillance, adopted under the 6-pack, by providing the EU with the necessary tools to preventively intervene in a struggling Member State before it could become contagious affecting the entire eurozone's stability. Most importantly we have ensured the effectiveness of these tools by embracing a Community method which put the Commission, in liaison with the ECB, in charge to take the necessary decisions".
- 23-04-2013 15:51 L'UE scelle un accord historique dans les Balkans occidentaux
- 17-04-2013 15:22 La BCE doit intervenir directement pour aider les PME
- 17-04-2013 15:04 Budget du PE pour 2014: le Parlement doit continuer à faire preuve de retenue
- 17-04-2013 14:39 Le gouvernement hongrois risque pour le moins de porter atteinte aux valeurs fondamentales de l'UE
- 13-03-2013 16:35 Cadre financier pluriannuel: le Parlement européen rejette l'accord politique et pose ses conditions pour renégociation