A propos de l’initiative
About the project "Now - interacting with the EP" / 19-03-2008
The Project “Now – Interacting with the European Parliament”, presented by the European Institute – Bulgaria, has been approved in the framework of the EP Annual Grant Program – 2008 through DG “Information”. This project includes the implementation of various communication activities, corresponding to the EP annual priorities.
The project envisages the creation of an interactive web-based information system http://parliament.europe.bg, as well as the implementation of a communication program, aiming at:
First, to increase the knowledge and understanding of political issues, that the EU member-states and their citizens are encountering; with a communication plan stressing mainly on the European Parliament’s role as the only EU body, directly elected by the citizens. The communication activities are targeted at explaining how the EP is functioning, what are the decision-taking mechanisms and what is the impact of these decisions on the EU-citizens’ everyday life;
Second, to stimulate the public debate on the way the EU institutions should approach these issues, through the establishment of a sustainable mechanism for effective interaction between the European citizens and the European parliament.
All the project’s activities are focused on stimulating the pan-European democratic debate through including the citizens and the civil organizations from the different member-states (20 in the framework of the project). The project also aims at supporting the increase of effectiveness of the communications with the EU-institutions in the policy-shaping process. Apart from that, the approach, chosen for the implementation of the project, envisages promotion and increase of mutual understanding of the cultural diversity in Europe.
The project’s activities include:
· Creation of a web-based information system http://parliament.europe.bg;
· Organization of various public events;
· Production and dissemination of analytical inputs, focusing on the EP’s role and importance;
· Direct communication with the target audiences;
· Production of a series of thematic radio-programs, focusing on the functioning of the European parliament;
· Organization of a series of online-discussions;
Organization of video-chats with MEPs;
· Presentation of the MEPs from the 20 member-states, included in the project;
· Production and dissemination of information materials, focusing on the European parliament’s anniversary and on its activities.
For the implementation of the activities of the project, the European institute has ensured the participation of the following partners:
· PASOS network, the Czech Republic;
· Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), Belgium – CHALLENGE Project network;
· Balkan Communication Network (BCN)
· Radio Bulgaria (BG);
· RFI Romania;
· Yvelines Radio, France;
· Center for Policy Modernization Foundation, Bulgaria.
- 21-05-2013 12:31 Les dirigeants européens doivent s'attaquer à l'euroscepticisme croissant provoqué par la crise
- 23-04-2013 15:51 L'UE scelle un accord historique dans les Balkans occidentaux
- 17-04-2013 15:22 La BCE doit intervenir directement pour aider les PME
- 17-04-2013 15:04 Budget du PE pour 2014: le Parlement doit continuer à faire preuve de retenue
- 17-04-2013 14:39 Le gouvernement hongrois risque pour le moins de porter atteinte aux valeurs fondamentales de l'UE